The tower Della Rocca-Barozzi located at the northern entrance of the Castle of Naxos, the so-called “Trani” Gate, right as we enter. Built in the early 13th century by the Venetians, then rulers of Naxos and the Cyclades and repaired in 1694 by the crusader Sforza Castri as written inscription in the Main Room of the Tower.
The tower walls (width 6 m. At the base and 1.65 m. At the top) is stone built. The materials mainly used are marble and granite boulders derived largely from the ruins of ancient Greek and Byzantine buildings.
The tower consists of a main floor (living room, bedrooms, kitchen, chapel library) and ground developed on four levels.
Residents of this tower are straight descendants of the noble family Della Rocca – Barozzi.
The tower is well preserved and belongs to Karavia family care to keep intact the glamor and glitter of the building.
Today it has turned into a wonderful folklore museum includes furniture and objects that were the household of house.
The Venetian Museum Naxos is a representative sample of the mansion with western influences.